The plans suggest making the prodder tube by laying fiberglass over a mandrel and then removing the mandrel once the glass cures. This provides a fiberglass tube. I decided to use an aluminum tube instead. I found a tube with the correct ID and a 1/16" wall. I cut the tube to length and plugged one end with a plywood plug. The plug was completely coated with epoxy and epoxied in place. I roughed up the outside surface where the stem support and forestay tang would attach. Using thickened epoxy, I bonded both parts to the tube using fixtures to make sure they were correctly located and square to the tube.
Having spent enough time building parts and fixtures, I decided to start building the main hull and floats. There are still many parts that need fabrication, but I really need to see this project start to look like a boat!
Next step, bonding 4 x 8 plywood panels to make a 4 x 24 foot panel!