Monday, October 18, 2010

Centerboard work continues

I made some progress on the centerboard.  I completed all the shaping and sanding and the board is now ready for fiberglass.  I was concerned about the stiffness of the board before I started sanding but that greatly improved with hydrofoil shape.

Next step, glass it.

I also have an update on the beam construction.  I'm having difficulty locating the heavyweight unidirectional glass specified by the plans.  I've sent off a couple of emails to see if I can special order the material or if I can use an alternate laminate schedule.  All the material I've order so far has come form Noah's Marine Supply of Toronto.  I know it is a Canadian company, eh, but they have a US shipping location so you don't have to deal with customs plus their prices are really good.  They are also very helpful and friendly.  I give them a high recommendation.  I hope they come through for me. So, take off you hoser!

Later eh!

(no disrespect intended for our northern brethren)

No comments:

Post a Comment